hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Bjorn Jonsson <bjorn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Few noob MR questions
Date Sun, 14 Apr 2013 03:26:41 GMT
Correct, you can use java -jar to submit a job...with the "driver" code in
a plain static main method. I do it all the time. You can of course run a
Job straight from your IDE Java code also. You can check out the .runJar()
method in the Hadoop API Javadoc to see what the hadoop command does
essentially I think.

Cheers,
Bj