hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Michel Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: How can I record some position of context in Reduce()?
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 10:52:24 GMT
Can you show an example of your join?
All joins are an equality in that the key has to match.
Whether its a one to one , one to many, or many to many remains to be seen.

Mike Segel

On Apr 9, 2013, at 10:35 AM, Effyroth Gu <effyroth@gmail.com> wrote:

> Only equality joins, outer joins, and left semi joins are supported in Hive. Hive does
not support join conditions that are not equality conditions as it is very difficult to express
such conditions as a map/reduce job. Also, more than two tables can be joined in Hive.

> 2013/4/9 Michael Segel <michael_segel@hotmail.com>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Your cross join is supported in both pig and hive. (Cross, and Theta joins)
>>
>> So there must be code to do this.
>>
>> Essentially in the reducer you would have your key and then the set of rows that
match the key. You would then perform the cross product on the key's result set and output
them to the collector as separate rows.

>> I'm not sure why you would need the reduce context.
>>
>> But then again, I'm still on my first cup of coffee. ;-)
>>

>> On Apr 9, 2013, at 12:15 AM, Vikas Jadhav <vikascjadhav87@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>> I am also woring on join using MapReduce
>>> i think instead of finding postion of table in RawKeyValuIterator.
>>> what we can do modify context.write method to alway write key as table name or
id
>>> then we dont need to find postion we can get Key and Value from "reducerContext"
>>>
>>> befor calling reducer.run(reducerContext) in ReduceTask.java we can  add
>>> method join in Reducer.java Reducer class and give call to reducer.join(reduceContext)
>>>

>>> I just wonder how r going to support NON EQUI join.
>>>
>>> I am also having same problem how to do join if datasets cant fit in to memory.
>>>

>>> for now i am cloning using following code :
>>>

>>> KEYIN key = context.getCurrentKey() ;
>>> KEYIN outKey = null;
>>> try {
>>>     outKey = (KEYIN)key.getClass().newInstance();
>>>    }
>>> catch(Exception e)
>>>  {}
>>> ReflectionUtils.copy(context.getConfiguration(), key, outKey);
>>>
>>>  Iterable<VALUEIN> values = context.getValues();
>>>  ArrayList<VALUEIN> myValues = new ArrayList<VALUEIN>();
>>>  for(VALUEIN value: values) {
>>>    VALUEIN outValue = null;
>>>     try {
>>>          outValue = (VALUEIN)value.getClass().newInstance();
>>>    }
>>>    catch(Exception e)    {}
>>>    ReflectionUtils.copy(context.getConfiguration(), value, outValue);
>>>  }
>>>

>>> if you have found any other solution please feel free to share
>>>
>>> Thank You.

understand, can you give a simple example?

in the reduce(),because the input is a RawKeyValueIterator in the class reducecontext.so,I'm
confused.

how to get the record position?
class Context doesn't implement a clone construct method.