hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Henry Hung <YTHu...@winbond.com>
Subject Adding new name node location
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 06:02:00 GMT
Hi Everyone,

I'm using Hadoop 1.0.4 and only define 1 location for name node files, like this:
  <property>
    <name>dfs.name.dir</name>
    <value>/home/hadoop/hadoop-data/namenode</value>
  </property>

Now I want to protect my name node files by changing the configuration to:
  <property>
    <name>dfs.name.dir</name>
    <value>/home/hadoop/hadoop-data/namenode,/backup/hadoop/hadoop-data/namenode</value>
  </property>

Where /backup is another mount point. This /backup can be another disk or from another NFS
server.

My question are:

1.       Is my procedure correct: do stop-dfs.sh then modify conf, and last start-dfs.sh?

2.       If answer to no 1 is no, then could you provide the correct procedure?

3.       Would the new name node files will auto copy the original name node files?

Best regards,
Henry

The privileged confidential information contained in this email is intended for use only by
the addressees as indicated by the original sender of this email. If you are not the addressee
indicated in this email or are not responsible for delivery of the email to such a person,
please kindly reply to the sender indicating this fact and delete all copies of it from your
computer and network server immediately. Your cooperation is highly appreciated. It is advised
that any unauthorized use of confidential information of Winbond is strictly prohibited; and
any information in this email irrelevant to the official business of Winbond shall be deemed
as neither given nor endorsed by Winbond.