hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Raj Hadoop <hadoop...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Hardware Selection for Hadoop
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2013 20:47:45 GMT

From: Patai Sangbutsarakum <Patai.Sangbutsarakum@turn.com>
To: "user@hadoop.apache.org" <user@hadoop.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 2:49 PM
Subject: Re: Hardware Selection for Hadoop

2 x Quad cores Intel
2-3 TB x 6 SATA
64GB mem
2 NICs teaming

my 2 cents

On Apr 29, 2013, at 9:24 AM, Raj Hadoop <hadoopraj@yahoo.com>
 wrote:

Hi,

>I have to propose some hardware requirements in my company for a Proof of Concept with
Hadoop. I was reading Hadoop Operations and also saw Cloudera Website. But just wanted to
know from the group - what is the requirements if I have to plan for a 5 node cluster. I dont
know at this time, the data that need to be processed at this time for the Proof of Concept.
So - can you suggest something to me?