Hi Anton,

Cloudera manager needs fully qualified domain name. Run "hostname -f" to check whether you have FQDN or not.

I am not familiar with Ubuntu, but on my CentOS, I just put the FQDN into /etc/sysconfig/network, which then looks like the following:
NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=myhost.my.domain
GATEWAY=10.2.2.254