hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Node manager health checker opts
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 22:27:43 GMT
Hmm... an easy way to debug this would be to add a LOG statement in NodeHealthScriptRunner.init
to printout the args you are getting from the config.

Is there a chance you can try this, recompile & re-run?

thanks,
Arun

On Mar 25, 2013, at 11:14 AM, Tucker wrote:

> Does anyone have a working example of a node manager health checker scipt using "yarn.nodemanager.health-checker.script.opts"?
 I wrote a health checker that works fine but one of the items being checked is a little too
sensitive.  Since I wrote it to be able to load and unload modules by passing various flags.
 Unfortunately, adding these flags to my config doesn't seem to have had any affect and we've
had to disable the health check entirely.

> For reference:
>
> $ health_checker -h
> Usage: health_checker [options]
>         --default-disabled           Default all checks disabled.
>     -e, --enable-checks CHECKS       Command separated list of checks to enable.
>     -d, --disable-checks CHECKS      Command separated list of checks to disable.
>     -l, --list                       List available checks.
>
> Settings used:
>
> <property>
> <name>yarn.nodemanager.health-checker.script.path</name>
> <value>/usr/bin/health_checker</value>
> </property>
> <property>
> <name>yarn.nodemanager.health-checker.script.opts</name>
> <value>-d Network</value>
> </property>
>
> If the flag were actually being passed, I would expect the output to be return healthy.
 This is what I see on a command line:

> # health_checker
> ERROR(s): ["Errors found on interface eth2."]
> # health_checker -d Network
> Healthy
> # echo $?
> 0
>
> Unfortunately, even with opts set, I continue to get the interface errors warning after
cluster start and beyond the run interval.  I assume I'm missing something but I can't seem
to find any good docs on the matter.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.