hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Regarding: Merging two hadoop clusters
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 06:46:57 GMT

Copy data into one of the clusters using distcp *without* downtime (assuming you have enough
capacity) and then merge the clusters?

Thanks,
+Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/

On Mar 13, 2013, at 9:38 PM, Shashank Agarwal wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
> I have two different hadoop clusters in production. One cluster is used as backing for
HBase and the other for other things. Both hadoop clusters are using the same version 1.0
and I want to merge them and make them one. I know, one possible solution is to copy the data
across, but the data is really huge on these clusters and it will hard for me to compromise
with huge downtime.