hadoop-user mailing list archives

From yibing Shi <yibing....@effectivemeasure.com>
Subject Re: How to setup Cloudera Hadoop to run everything on a localhost?
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 22:25:15 GMT
Hi Anton,

Cloudera manager needs fully qualified domain name. Run "hostname -f" to
check whether you have FQDN or not.

I am not familiar with Ubuntu, but on my CentOS, I just put the FQDN into
/etc/sysconfig/network, which then looks like the following:
NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=myhost.my.domain
GATEWAY=10.2.2.254

<http://demo.effectivemeasure.com/signatures/au/YibingShi.vcf>