hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Vikas Jadhav <vikascjadha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop cluster setup - could not see second datanode
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 09:34:42 GMT
1) check whehter you can ssh to other node from  namenode

set your configuration carefully

<property>****

<name>fs.default.name</name>****

<value>localhost:9000</value>****

</property>

replace localhost with name node having namnode ruuning and shoulde
resolvable (try ping to that node from other node)

**

2)  go to conf/slaves file

   check it has following lines

  1. namnodeip

   2. datanodeip

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 9:29 AM, Brahma Reddy Battula <
brahmareddy.battula@huawei.com> wrote:

>  Although Hadoop is designed and developed for distributed computing it
> can be run on a single node in pseudo distributed mode and with multiple
> data node on single machine . Developers often run multiple data nodes on
> single node to develop and test distributed features,data node behavior,
> Name node interaction with data node and for other reasons.
>
>  Please go through following blog for same..
>

> http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=2277703965936900657#editor/target=post;postID=8231904039775612388
>  ------------------------------

used by anyone other than the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.

> If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Airbus immediately and delete this
e-mail.

> Airbus cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this e-mail
as it has been sent over public networks. If you have any concerns over the content of this
message or its Accuracy or Integrity, please contact Airbus immediately.

> All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked using regularly updated virus scanning software
but you should take whatever measures you deem to be appropriate to ensure that this message
and any attachments are virus free.

--
*
*