hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Yuna k <apmean...@gmail.com>
Subject jobtracker.info could only be replicated to 0 nodes, instead of 1
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2013 19:15:21 GMT
Hello, all,

I am trying to setup hadoop and when I try to run mapreduce by running
"start-mapred.sh", I get the following error message in JobTracker log file:

java.io.IOException: File /home/hdtest/hadoop/tmp/mapred/system/
jobtracker.info could only be replicated to 0 nodes, instead of 1

This looks like a common problem, but the solutions I found online do no
work for me.
I suspect it is because I don't have enough space for data storage. Here is
the capacity summary:

Cluster Summary

7 files and directories, 0 blocks = 7 total. Heap Size is 52.88 MB / 533.38
MB (9%)
  Configured Capacity : 103.35 GB
 DFS Used : 28 KB
 Non DFS Used : 85.23 GB
 DFS Remaining : 18.12 GB
 DFS Used% : 0 %
 DFS Remaining% : 17.53 %
 Live Nodes  : 1
 Dead Nodes  : 0
 Decommissioning Nodes  : 0
 Number of Under-Replicated Blocks : 0

In fact, I have ~18GB remaining disk space. Is that large enough?
Also, I've been running hadoop 0.22.0 on the same machine and it works
fine. However, I'm getting the above error when switching to hadoop 1.0.4.
Does these two version have different requirements on free disk space?

Thank you....

-Yuna