hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Kubina <jeff.kub...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to make a MapReduce job with no input?
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 01:41:05 GMT
Mike,

To do this for the more general case of creating N map jobs with each job
receiving the one record <i, n>, where i ranges from 0 to n-1, I wrote
an InputFormat, InputSplit, and RecordReader Hadoop class. The sample code
is here <http://goo.gl/npKfP>. I think I wrote those for Hadoop 0.19, so
they may need some tweaking for subsequent versions.

Jeff