hadoop-user mailing list archives

From John Meza <j_meza...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: dfs.datanode.du.reserved
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 16:30:27 GMT
Ok. I'll add my ideas and comments.

From: harsh@cloudera.com
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 06:37:20 +0530
Subject: Re: dfs.datanode.du.reserved
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

Hey John,
Ideas, comments and patches are welcome on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-1564
for achieving this!

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 9:56 PM, John Meza <j_mezazap@hotmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for the reply. This sounds like it has potential, but also seems to be a rather duct-tape
type of work around. It would be nice if there was a mod to dfs.datanode.du.reserved that
worked within Hadoop, so that would imply that hadoop was a little more certain to adhere
to it.

I understand that dfs.datanode.du.reserved defines reservd storage on each volume. I would
like to give each volume a different reserved value.
An example: <name>dfs.datanode.du.reserved</name>

Or something similiar. thanks