hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "Agarwal, Nikhil" <Nikhil.Agar...@netapp.com>
Subject using test.org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.InMemoryNativeFileSystemStore class in hadoop
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 08:24:36 GMT
Hi All,

I am pretty new to Hadoop. I noticed that there are many test classes in hadoop source code
under the packages test. org.apache.hadoop. Can anyone explain me or provide some pointers
to understand what is the purpose of this and how to use them. In particular I wanted to use
InMemoryNativeFileSystemStore and see how it works.

The comments in this class say "A stub implementation of {@link NativeFileSystemStore} for
testing NativeS3FileSystem without actually connecting to S3." But I do not understand exactly
what does it mean and how to use it.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Nikhil