hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Arpit Gupta <ar...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: About Windows Installer
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2013 18:37:18 GMT
Take a look at

http://hortonworks.com/blog/putting-the-elephant-in-the-window/

--
Arpit

On Mar 2, 2013, at 2:45 AM, Mayur Patil <ram.nath241089@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

     I have noticed there is each platform specific installer of hadoop.

     For example,
     hadoop-1.0.x-i386.deb & hadoop-1.0.x-x86_64.deb which works fine on
the Ubuntu and other debian based distros
     even on server version.
     Likewise,
     hadoop-1.0.x-i386.rpm & hadoop-1.0.x-x86_64.rpm which works fine on
the RPM based
     lly, even on server version.

     So ,there is not any .exe or .msi installer <33D.gif>

     As per my liitle reading on websites, there are methods to install by
preconfiguring

     package openssh and cygwin but I find it bit messy (not configurable
easily even after 3-4 reboot).

     So is there any technique how to run Hadoop on WIndows??

     Thank you !!
--
*Cheers,
Mayur*.