hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Leo Leung <lle...@ddn.com>
Subject RE: Unknown processes unable to terminate
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 18:36:20 GMT
Hi Sai,

   The RunJar process is normally the result of someone or something running “hadoop jar
<something>”
   (i.e:  org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar  <something>)

   You probably want to find out who/what is running with a more detail info via ps –ef
| grep RunJar
   <stop|start>-all.sh deals with hdfs/ M/R specific process only.   So it will not
stop any other java process reported by jps.

Cheers.

From: Sai Sai [mailto:saigraph@yahoo.in]
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2013 1:42 AM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Unknown processes unable to terminate

I have a list of following processes given below, i am trying to kill the process 13082 using:

kill 13082

Its not terminating RunJar.

I have done a stop-all.sh hoping it would stop all the processes but only stopped the hadoop
related processes.
I am just wondering if it is necessary to stop all other processes before starting the hadoop
process and how to stop these other processes.

Here is the list of processes which r appearing:

30969 FileSystemCat
30877 FileSystemCat
5647 StreamCompressor
32200 DataNode