hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "AMARNATH, Balachandar" <BALACHANDAR.AMARN...@airbus.com>
Subject RE: store file gives exception
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 11:18:43 GMT
Hi,

I could successfully install hadoop cluster with three nodes (2 datanodes and 1 namenode).
However, when I tried to store a file, I get the following error.

13/03/06 16:45:56 WARN hdfs.DFSClient: Error Recovery for block null bad datanode[0] nodes
== null
13/03/06 16:45:56 WARN hdfs.DFSClient: Could not get block locations. Source file "/user/bala/kumki/hosts"
- Aborting...
put: java.io.IOException: File /user/bala/kumki/hosts could only be replicated to 0 nodes,
instead of 1
13/03/06 16:45:56 ERROR hdfs.DFSClient: Exception closing file /user/bala/kumki/hosts : org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException:
java.io.IOException: File /user/bala/kumki/hosts could only be replicated to 0 nodes, instead
of 1
            at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.getAdditionalBlock(FSNamesystem.java:1558)
            at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.addBlock(NameNode.java:696)
            at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1388)
            at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1384)
            at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1121)
            at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:1382)

Any hint to fix this,

Regards
Bala