hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "AMARNATH, Balachandar" <BALACHANDAR.AMARN...@airbus.com>
Subject store file gives exception
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 09:58:50 GMT
Now I came out of the safe mode through admin command. I tried to put a file into hdfs and
encountered this error.

org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: java.io.IOException: File /user/hadoop/hosts could
only be replicated to 0 nodes, instead of 1

Any hint to fix this,

This happens when the namenode is not datanode. Am I making sense?

With thanks and regards
Balachandar

The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used
by anyone other than the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
Airbus cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this e-mail as
it has been sent over public networks. If you have any concerns over the content of this message
or its Accuracy or Integrity, please contact Airbus immediately.
All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked using regularly updated virus scanning software
but you should take whatever measures you deem to be appropriate to ensure that this message
and any attachments are virus free.