hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "AMARNATH, Balachandar" <BALACHANDAR.AMARN...@airbus.com>
Subject Issue: Namenode is in safe mode
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 09:51:07 GMT

Hi,

I have created a hadoop cluster with two nodes (A and B). 'A' act both as namenode and datanode,
and 'B' act as datanode only. With this setup, I could store, read files. Now, I added one
more datanode 'C' and relieved 'A' from datanode duty. This means, 'A' act only as namenode,
and both B and C act as datanodes. Now, I tried to create a directory, it says

' org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SafeModeException: Cannot create directory Name node
is in safe mode'

Can someone tell me why the namenode now is in safe mode?

With thanks and regards
Balachandar

The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used
by anyone other than the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
Airbus cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this e-mail as
it has been sent over public networks. If you have any concerns over the content of this message
or its Accuracy or Integrity, please contact Airbus immediately.
All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked using regularly updated virus scanning software
but you should take whatever measures you deem to be appropriate to ensure that this message
and any attachments are virus free.