hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "David Parks" <davidpark...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: For a new installation: use the BackupNode or the CheckPointNode?
Date Sun, 24 Mar 2013 01:21:21 GMT
So... the answer is... SecondaryNameNode is what I should be installing
here. And the SecondaryNameNode is essentially just an earlier version of
the checkpoint node, in terms of functionality. If I understood everything
correctly. Can you confirm?

Thanks,
David

-----Original Message-----
From: Harsh J [mailto:harsh@cloudera.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 23, 2013 5:33 PM
To: <user@hadoop.apache.org>
Cc: davidparks21@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: For a new installation: use the BackupNode or the
CheckPointNode?

Neither CheckpointNode nor BackupNode exists in version 1.x. This was a
documentation oversight that should be cleared in the docs now (or by next
release I think).

And on 2.x, neither has been tested for stability and the SecondaryNameNode
continues to exist and is fully supported (not deprecated).

--
Harsh J