hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Alex Thieme <athi...@athieme.com>
Subject Re: Java submit job to remote server
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 18:41:50 GMT
It appears this is the full extent of the stack trace. Anything prior to the org.apache.hadoop
calls are from my container where hadoop is called from.

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Call to /127.0.0.1:9001 failed on local exception: java.io.EOFException
	at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.wrapException(Client.java:775)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.$Proxy55.getProtocolVersion(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC.getProxy(RPC.java:359)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.createRPCProxy(JobClient.java:429)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.init(JobClient.java:423)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.<init>(JobClient.java:410)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job.<init>(Job.java:50)
	at com.allenabi.sherlock.graph.OfflineDataTool.run(OfflineDataTool.java:25)
	at com.allenabi.sherlock.graph.OfflineDataComponent.submitJob(OfflineDataComponent.java:67)
	... 64 more
Caused by: java.io.EOFException
	at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:375)
	at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client$Connection.receiveResponse(Client.java:501)
	at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client$Connection.run(Client.java:446)

Alex Thieme
athieme@athieme.com
508-361-2788
In

On Feb 12, 2013, at 8:16 PM, Hemanth Yamijala <yhemanth@thoughtworks.com> wrote:

> Can you please include the complete stack trace and not just the root. Also, have you
set fs.default.name to a hdfs location like hdfs://localhost:9000 ?

> Thanks
> Hemanth
>
> On Wednesday, February 13, 2013, Alex Thieme wrote:
> Thanks for the prompt reply and I'm sorry I forgot to include the exception. My bad.
I've included it below. There certainly appears to be a server running on localhost:9001.
At least, I was able to telnet to that address. While in development, I'm treating the server
on localhost as the remote server. Moving to production, there'd obviously be a different
remote server address configured.

> Root Exception stack trace:
> java.io.EOFException
> 	at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:375)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client$Connection.receiveResponse(Client.java:501)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client$Connection.run(Client.java:446)
>     + 3 more (set debug level logging or '-Dmule.verbose.exceptions=true' for everything)
>
> On Feb 12, 2013, at 4:22 PM, Nitin Pawar <nitinpawar432@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> conf.set("mapred.job.tracker", "localhost:9001");
>>
>> this means that your jobtracker is on port 9001 on localhost
>>
>> if you change it to the remote host and thats the port its running on then it should
work as expected

>> whats the exception you are getting?
>>

>> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 2:41 AM, Alex Thieme <athieme@athieme.com> wrote:
>> I apologize for asking what seems to be such a basic question, but I would use some
help with submitting a job to a remote server.

>> I have downloaded and installed hadoop locally in pseudo-distributed mode. I have
written some Java code to submit a job.

>> Here's the org.apache.hadoop.util.Tool and org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Mapper I've
written.

>> If I enable the conf.set("mapred.job.tracker", "localhost:9001") line, then I get
the exception included below.

>> If that line is disabled, then the job is completed. However, in reviewing the hadoop
server administration page (http://localhost:50030/jobtracker.jsp) I don't see the job as
processed by the server. Instead, I wonder if my Java code is simply running the necessary
mapper Java code, bypassing the locally installed server.