hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: KerberosUtil in hadoop 0.23
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 17:09:45 GMT
0.23 is actively being maintained. KerberosUtil.java did get pulled into 0.23 last week when
we realized that it somehow was missed.  It will be part of the 0.23.7 release, but you can
try it now off of branch-0.23 if you want to.

From: Viral Bajaria <viral.bajaria@gmail.com<mailto:viral.bajaria@gmail.com>>
Date: Monday, February 4, 2013 12:26 AM
To: "user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>" <user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>>
Subject: KerberosUtil in hadoop 0.23

I was trying to build hbase 0.94 against hadoop 0.23 but kept on getting compilation errors.
It complained about the KerberosUtil class which it required but for some reason that class
is missing in 0.23.4 but exists in other branches i.e. 0.22 and on 2.0

Is this because 0.23 is not an actively maintained branch or is it due to some other reasons
? Should I just port the class over to my repo and build hadoop again ? I already did it and
replaced the hadoop-auth release in my local repository to allow hbase to compile and it worked
fine. Though I am not sure about any side effects unless and until I run real traffic against

Wanted to run this by the community to see if anyone has run hbase 0.92 against hadoop 0.23.x
and if yes did you have to back port the said KerberosUtil class ?

View raw message