hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "Andrey V. Romanchev" <andrey.romanc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: “hadoop namenode -format” formats wrong directory
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 15:25:46 GMT
Hello Samir
Yes. Here is full section from my hdfs-site.xml

  <property>
    <name>dfs.name.dir</name>
    <value>/mnt/ext/hadoop/hdfs/namenode</value>
    <description>
        Determines where on the local filesystem the DFS name node
        should store the name table.  If this is a comma-delimited list
        of directories then the name table is replicated in all of the
        directories, for redundancy.
    </description>
    <final>true</final>
  </property>