hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Mohit Vadhera <project.linux.p...@gmail.com>
Subject namenode is failing
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 07:58:48 GMT
Hi Guys,

Namenode switches into safemode when it has low disk space on the root fs /
i have to manually run a command to leave it
I have space on other partition. Can I change the path for cache files on
other partition ? I have below properties . Can it resolve the issue ? If i
change the path to other directories and restart services I get the below
error while starting the service namenode. I didn't find anything in logs
so far.  Can you please suggest something ?

Service namenode is failing

# for service in /etc/init.d/hadoop-hdfs-* ; do sudo $service status; done
Hadoop datanode is running                                 [  OK  ]
Hadoop namenode is dead and pid file exists                [FAILED]
Hadoop secondarynamenode is running                        [  OK  ]

View raw message