hadoop-user mailing list archives

From YouPeng Yang <yypvsxf19870...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Development Snapshot Repository does not work
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2013 01:35:50 GMT
Hi harsh.
   I actually  prefer to use Eclipse for development,so i checkouted  the
Hadoop sources from git.
*   *I did this following the url:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/EclipseEnvironment
   Here are my steps:
   1.git clone git://git.apache.org/hadoop-common.git

2.[root@yyp6 hadoop-common]# pwd /opt/hadoop/hadoop-common
[root@yyp6hadoop-common]# ls BUILDING.txt hadoop-common-project
hadoop-maven-plugins
hadoop-tools dev-support hadoop-dist hadoop-minicluster hadoop-yarn-project
hadoop-assemblies hadoop-hdfs-project hadoop-project pom.xml hadoop-client
hadoop-mapreduce-project hadoop-project-dist [root@yyp6 hadoop-common]#mvn
install -DskipTests
 and then it got stuck when downloading the dependences .

is there something wrong, or another good method to bulid the source for
development using Eclipse ?

thanks

regards
YouPeng Yang