hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Chris Embree <cemb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to add users in supergroup?
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 16:55:14 GMT
Check your HDFS config file for the groupname you used as HDFS supergroup.
 We used hdfs as the group name in our case.

Then just groupadd hdfs  (see man groupadd for additional options)
Then, when you create users, add them to that group.

useradd -G hdfs newuser

This is more Linux admin than Hadoop centric.