hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Chris Embree <cemb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using NFS mounted volume for Hadoop installation/configuration
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2013 18:09:27 GMT
I'm doing that currently.  No problems to report so far.

The only pitfall I've found is around NFS stability.  If your NAS is 100%
solid no problems.  I've seen mtab get messed up and refuse to remount if
NFS has any hiccups.

If you want to really crazy, consider NFS for your datanode root fs.  See
the oneSIS project for details.  http://onesis.sourceforge.net

Enjoy.

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 1:00 PM, Mehmet Belgin <mehmet.belgin@oit.gatech.edu