hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Michael Namaiandeh <mnamaian...@healthcit.com>
Subject RE: Format the harddrive
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 22:10:49 GMT
Are your partitions LVM or something else? If it’s not LVM then you can use GParted to re-configure
your LV configuration.

From: Jeffrey Buell [mailto:jbuell@vmware.com]
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2013 4:10 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Format the harddrive

I've installed RHEL 6.1 with none of these problems. Not sure why you can't delete the logical
volumes, but I suggest not letting the installer do automatic disk configuration.  Then you
can manually select which disks you want for the root partitions, their sizes, and how you
want them formatted.  Configure other disks for Hadoop data later, after OS install.

Jeff