hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Mehmet Belgin <mehmet.bel...@oit.gatech.edu>
Subject Re: [HOD] Cannot use env variables in "hodrc"
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 23:46:18 GMT
On a related note, env-vars is also being ignored:

env-vars                        = HOD_PYTHON_HOME=/usr/local/packages/python/2.5.1/bin/python2.5

And hod picks the system-default python and terminates with errors unless I manually export
HOD_PYTHON_HOME.

export HOD_PYTHON_HOME=`which python2.5`

I am also having problems having hod use the cluster I created, but I assume those issues
are also related.

How can I make sure that "hodrc" contents are passed correctly into hod?

Thanks a lot in advance!

On Feb 5, 2013, at 4:41 PM, Mehmet Belgin wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am setting up Hadoop for the first time, so please bear with me while I ask all these
beginner questions :)

> I followed the instructions to create a hodrc, but looks like I cannot user env variables
in this file:

> error: bin/hod failed to start.
> error: invalid 'java-home' specified in section hod (--hod.java-home): ${JAVA_HOME}
> error: invalid 'batch-home' specified in section resource_manager (--resource_manager.batch-home):
${RM_HOME}

> ... despite the fact that I have " ${JAVA_HOME}" and "${RM_HOME}" correctly defined in
my environment. When I replace these variables with full explicit paths, it works. I checked
the permissions, and everything else looks fine.