hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "Agarwal, Nikhil" <Nikhil.Agar...@netapp.com>
Subject Can I perfrom a MR on my local filesystem
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2013 06:22:47 GMT
Hi,

Recently I followed a blog to run Hadoop on a single node cluster.

I wanted to ask that in a single node set-up of Hadoop is it necessary to have the data copied
into Hadoop's HDFS before running a MR on it. Can I run MR on my local file system too without
copying the data to HDFS?

In the Hadoop source code I saw there are implementations of other file systems too like S3,
KFS, FTP, etc. so how does exactly a MR happen on S3 data store ? How does JobTracker or Tasktracker
run in S3 ?

I would be very thankful to get a reply to this.

Thanks & Regards,

Nikhil