hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "Agarwal, Nikhil" <Nikhil.Agar...@netapp.com>
Subject setup hadoop 1.0.4 in debugging mode in ubuntu
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 09:35:44 GMT
Hello,

I am new to Hadoop.  I have installed Ubuntu i386 on my VM and want to debug hadoop. Can you
please guide me as to which stable release should I download and exactly how should I use
ANT debugger to debug hadoop.
Also, I would like to know how the MapReduce interacts with other FileSystems like KFS, S3,
etc.  I went through the code but did not get how exactly the JobTracker on S3 is running
MapReduce. I want to implement another file system similar to S3 thus, wanted to know how
to leverage MapReduce(MR) on my cloud store so that a Hadoop client is able to run MR  on
my cloud store.

Thanks & Regards,
Nikhil