hadoop-user mailing list archives

From " Marcos Ortiz Valmaseda" <mlor...@uci.cu>
Subject Re: .deflate trouble
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 03:09:36 GMT
Regards, Keith. For EMR issues and stuff, you can contact directly to Jeff Barr(Chief Evangelist
for AWS) or to Saurabh Baji (Product Manager for AWS EMR).
Best wishes.

----- Mensaje original -----

De: "Keith Wiley" <kwiley@keithwiley.com>
Para: user@hadoop.apache.org
Enviados: Jueves, 14 de Febrero 2013 15:46:05
Asunto: Re: .deflate trouble

Good call. We can't use the conventional web-based JT due to corporate access issues, but
I looked at the job_XXX.xml file directly, and sure enough, it set mapred.output.compress
to true. Now I just need to remember how that occurs. I simply ran the wordcount example straight
off the command line, I didn't specify any overridden conf settings for the job.

Ultimately, the solution (or part of it) is to get away from .19 to a more up-to-date version
of Hadoop. I would prefer 2.0 over 1.0 in fact, but due to a remarkable lack of concise EC2/Hadoop
documentation (and the fact that what docs I did find were very old and therefore conformed
to .19 style Hadoop), I have fallen back on old versions of Hadoop for my initial tests. In
the long run, I will need to get a more modern version of Hadoop to successfully deploy on
EC2.

Thanks.

On Feb 14, 2013, at 15:02 , Harsh J wrote:

> Did the job.xml of the job that produced this output also carry
> mapred.output.compress=false in it? The file should be viewable on the
> JT UI page for the job. Unless explicitly turned out, even 0.19
> wouldn't have enabled compression on its own.

Keith Wiley kwiley@keithwiley.com keithwiley.com music.keithwiley.com

"The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches
me to suspect that my own is also."
-- Mark Twain

Marcos Ortiz Valmaseda,
Product Manager && Data Scientist at UCI
Blog : http://marcosluis2186.posterous.com
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcosluis2186
Twitter : @marcosluis2186