hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Mehmet Belgin <mehmet.bel...@oit.gatech.edu>
Subject [HOD] Cannot use env variables in "hodrc"
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 21:41:23 GMT
Hello everyone,

I am setting up Hadoop for the first time, so please bear with me while I ask all these beginner
questions :)

I followed the instructions to create a hodrc, but looks like I cannot user env variables
in this file:

error: bin/hod failed to start.
error: invalid 'java-home' specified in section hod (--hod.java-home): ${JAVA_HOME}
error: invalid 'batch-home' specified in section resource_manager (--resource_manager.batch-home):
${RM_HOME}

... despite the fact that I have " ${JAVA_HOME}" and "${RM_HOME}" correctly defined in my
environment. When I replace these variables with full explicit paths, it works. I checked
the permissions, and everything else looks fine.

What am I missing here?

Thanks!