hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Arpit Gupta <ar...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: why my test result on dfs short circuit read is slower?
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2013 06:05:57 GMT
Another way to check if short circuit read is configured correctly.

As the user who is configured for short circuit read issue the following command on a node
where you expect the data to be read locally.

export HADOOP_ROOT_LOGGER=debug,console; hadoop dfs -cat /path/to/file_on_hdfs

On the console you should see something like "hdfs.DFSClient: New BlockReaderLocal for file...."

This would confirm that short circuit read is happening.

--
Arpit Gupta
Hortonworks Inc.

On Feb 15, 2013, at 9:53 PM, "Liu, Raymond" <raymond.liu@intel.com> wrote:

> Hi Harsh
>
> Yes, I did set both of these. While not in hbase-site.xml but hdfs-site.xml.
>
> And I have double confirmed that local reads are performed, since there are no Error
in datanode logs, and by watching lo network IO.