hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Mehmet Belgin <mehmet.bel...@oit.gatech.edu>
Subject Cannot use env variables in "hodrc"
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 15:29:59 GMT
Hello again,

Considering that I have not received any replies, I was wondering whether this is not the
correct list for "hod" questions? Please let me know if I should better direct this question
to another list, a hod-specific one perhaps?

Thank you!

> On a related note, env-vars is also being ignored:
>
> env-vars                        = HOD_PYTHON_HOME=/usr/local/packages/python/2.5.1/bin/python2.5
>
> And hod picks the system-default python and terminates with errors unless I manually
export HOD_PYTHON_HOME.

> export HOD_PYTHON_HOME=`which python2.5`
>
> I am also having problems having hod use the cluster I created, but I assume those issues
are also related.

> How can I make sure that "hodrc" contents are passed correctly into hod?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance!
>

> On Feb 5, 2013, at 4:41 PM, Mehmet Belgin wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I am setting up Hadoop for the first time, so please bear with me while I ask all
these beginner questions :)

>> I followed the instructions to create a hodrc, but looks like I cannot user env variables
in this file:

>> error: bin/hod failed to start.
>> error: invalid 'java-home' specified in section hod (--hod.java-home): ${JAVA_HOME}
>> error: invalid 'batch-home' specified in section resource_manager (--resource_manager.batch-home):
${RM_HOME}

>> ... despite the fact that I have " ${JAVA_HOME}" and "${RM_HOME}" correctly defined
in my environment. When I replace these variables with full explicit paths, it works. I checked
the permissions, and everything else looks fine.