hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "Shah, Rahul1" <rahul1.s...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Installing Hadoop on RHEL 6.2
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 19:17:48 GMT
I have the distribution with me so I guess I can bypass the downloading step. I have 10 systems
on which I have to install Hadoop and get it running.

From: Mohammad Tariq [mailto:dontariq@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 12:11 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Installing Hadoop on RHEL 6.2

Hello Rahul,

      Process to configure Apache's distribution is not much different from configuration
on Ubuntu for which you can go here<http://cloudfront.blogspot.in/2012/07/how-to-configure-hadoop.html>.
Alternatively you can RPMs provided by Cloudera.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/
cloudfront.blogspot.com<http://cloudfront.blogspot.com>

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 12:30 AM, Shah, Rahul1 <rahul1.shah@intel.com<mailto:rahul1.shah@intel.com>>
wrote:
Hi,

Can someone help me with installation of Hadoop on cluster with RHEL 6.2 OS. Any link or steps
will be appreciated to get me going. Thanks

-Rahul