hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop efficient resource isolation
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 00:19:30 GMT
CapacityScheduler is what you want...

On Feb 21, 2013, at 5:16 AM, Dhanasekaran Anbalagan wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> It's possible isolation job submission for hadoop cluster, we currently running 48 machine
cluster. we  monitor Hadoop is not provides efficient resource isolation. In my case we ran
for tech and research pool, When tech job some memory leak will haven, It's occupy the hole
cluster.  Finally we figure out  issue with tech job. It's  screwed up hole hadoop cluster.
finally 10 data node  are dead.

> Any prevention of job submission efficient way resource allocation. When something wrong
in   particular job, effect particular pool, Not effect others job. Any way to archive this

> Please guide me guys.
>
> My idea is, When tech user submit job means only apply job in for my case submit 24 machine.
other machine only for research user.

> It's will prevent the memory leak problem.
>

> -Dhanasekaran.

Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/