hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Buell <jbu...@vmware.com>
Subject Re: Format the harddrive
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 21:09:30 GMT
I've installed RHEL 6.1 with none of these problems. Not sure why you can't delete the logical
volumes, but I suggest not letting the installer do automatic disk configuration. Then you
can manually select which disks you want for the root partitions, their sizes, and how you
want them formatted. Configure other disks for Hadoop data later, after OS install.

Jeff

----- Original Message -----

From: "Rahul1 Shah" <rahul1.shah@intel.com>
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2013 12:33:17 PM
Subject: Format the harddrive

Hi,

I am installing Hadoop on some systems. For this I want to format the hard drive for any previous
RAID format or any kind of data. I am facing this problem that when I install Redhat 6.2 on
these systems it creates a logical volume on the disk and does not let me create ext4 partitions
on them. Any idea how do I format all the disk.

-Rahul