hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Nguy <thomas.n...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Re: Work on research project "Hadoop Security Design"
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 14:21:26 GMT
Thank you very much Panshul, I'll take a look.

Thomas.

________________________________
 De : Panshul Whisper <ouchwhisper@gmail.com>
À : user@hadoop.apache.org; Thomas Nguy <thomas.nguy@yahoo.fr>
Envoyé le : Mercredi 27 février 2013 13h53
Objet : Re: Work on research project "Hadoop Security Design"

Hello Thomas,

you can look into this project. This is exactly what you are doing, but at a larger scale.
https://github.com/intel-hadoop/project-rhino/

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Panshul

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 1:49 PM, Thomas Nguy <thomas.nguy@yahoo.fr> wrote:

Hello developers !

>I'm a student at the french university "Ensimag" and currently doing my master research
on "Software security". Interested by cloud computing, I chose for subject : "Secure hadoop
cluster inter-cloud environment".
>My idea is to develop a framework in order to improve the security of the Hadoop cluster
running on the cloud of my uni. I have started by checking the "Hadoop research projects"
proposed  on Hadoop Wiki and the following subject fits with mine:

>"Hadoop Security Design:
>An end-to-end proposal for how to support authentication and client side data encryption/decryption,
so that large data sets can be stored in a public HDFS and only jobs launched by authenticated
users can map-reduce or browse the data"

>I would like to know if there are already some developers on it so we can discuss... To
be honest, I'm kinda a "beginner" regarding Hadoop and cloud cumputing so if would be really
great if you had some advices or hints for my research.

--

Regards,Ouch Whisper
010101010101