hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Nguy <thomas.n...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Work on research project "Hadoop Security Design"
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 12:49:42 GMT
Hello developers !

I'm a student at the french university "Ensimag" and currently doing my master research on
"Software security". Interested by cloud computing, I chose for subject : "Secure hadoop cluster
inter-cloud environment".
My idea is to develop a framework in order to improve the security of the Hadoop cluster running
on the cloud of my uni. I have started by checking the "Hadoop research projects" proposed
 on Hadoop Wiki and the following subject fits with mine:

"Hadoop Security Design:
An end-to-end proposal for how to support authentication and client side data encryption/decryption,
so that large data sets can be stored in a public HDFS and only jobs launched by authenticated
users can map-reduce or browse the data"

I would like to know if there are already some developers on it so we can discuss... To be
honest, I'm kinda a "beginner" regarding Hadoop and cloud cumputing so if would be really
great if you had some advices or hints for my research.

Best regards.
Thomas