hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject RE: TupleWritable Format
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2013 13:34:22 GMT
Thanks Harsh,

Actually I wanted tuplewritable for the MatrixMultiplication Job in Mahout which takes (<intWritable>,
<TupleWritable>) as input but now I have created input file with (<intWritable>,
<VectorWritable>) which worked perfectly fine for me.

Thanks
Stuti

From: Harsh J [mailto:harsh@cloudera.com]
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2013 5:48 PM
To: <user@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject: Re: TupleWritable Format

As the doc on http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapred/join/TupleWritable.html
states, I don't think you should be relying on the join package's TupleWritable directly and
should instead either use your own tested implementation or an alternative, better serializer
such as Apache Avro.

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 3:57 PM, Stuti Awasthi <stutiawasthi@hcl.com<mailto:stutiawasthi@hcl.com>>