hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "David Parks" <davidpark...@yahoo.com>
Subject Symbolic links available in 1.0.3?
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 03:31:47 GMT
Is it possible to use symbolic links in 1.0.3?

If yes: can I use symbolic links to create a single, final directory
structure of files from many locations; then use DistCp/S3DistCp to copy
that final directory structure to another filesystem such as S3?

Usecase:

I currently launch 4 S3DistCp jobs concurrently (a royal pain in the a** to
do) and copy files from 4 different locations to various subfolders of a
single directory on S3 (the final result directory).

I'd love to create 1 S3DistCp job to do all of that work, but
S3DistCp/DistCp don't support specifying multiple source/destinations.