hadoop-user mailing list archives

From jeba earnest <jebaearn...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Maximum Storage size in a Single datanode
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 10:40:17 GMT

I want to use either UBUNTU or REDHAT .
I just want to know how much storage space we can allocate in a single data node.

Is there any limitations in hadoop for storage in single node?

Regards,

Jeba

________________________________
 From: "Pamecha, Abhishek" <apamecha@ebay.com>
To: "user@hadoop.apache.org" <user@hadoop.apache.org>; jeba earnest <jebaearnest@yahoo.com>

Sent: Wednesday, 30 January 2013 2:45 PM
Subject: Re: Maximum Storage size in a Single datanode

What would be the reason you would do that?

You would want to leverage distributed dataset for higher availability and better response
times.

The maximum storage depends completely on the disks  capacity of your nodes and what your
OS supports. Typically I have heard of about 1-2 TB/node to start with, but I may be wrong.
-abhishek