Hi Manoj

Go to the JT web UI, browse to the failed tasks. Identify which task threw the space related error. Ssh to that node and check the disk space on that node. Some partitions might have got 100% filled.
Regards
Bejoy KS

From: Manoj Babu <manoj444@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 18:55:18 +0530
To: <user@hadoop.apache.org>
ReplyTo: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Reg: No space left on device Exception

Hi Macro,

It a 62-bit linux system. Let me check that too!

Cheers!
Manoj.

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 5:09 PM, Marco Shaw <marco.shaw@gmail.com> wrote:
Another tip...  Is this a 32-bit Linux system?  Check for any files that have grown to 2GB.

Marco

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 1:38 AM, Manoj Babu <manoj444@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I am getting the exception as below but the job continues to running how to avoid this and whats the cause for the issue?

12/12/06 23:30:56 INFO mapred.JobClient: Task Id : attempt_201211120903_7753_m_000177_0, Status : FAILED
FSError: java.io.IOException: No space left on device
java.lang.Throwable: Child Error
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:242)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Task process exit with nonzero status of -1.
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:229)

Cheers!
Manoj.