On 12/06/2012 11:55 AM, yogesh dhari wrote:
Hi all,

Hadoop have different file system(HDFS) and Cassandra have different file system(CFS).

As Hadoop have great Eco-System (Hive{Dataware House}, Hbase{Data Base} n etc..) and Cassandra(Database) it self providing its own file system

Although  we can run Hadoop's Ecosystem on Cassandra (If I am right ? {like pig and hive})

Hadoop have single point of Failure but Cassandra doesn't..
There are two projects in Hadoop working to avoid SPOF called HDFS HA and HDFS Federation.
There is a new branch called YARN which include all this.

Please put some light on both of these where Hadoop overtakes Cassandra an where Cassandra.
I think a more fair comparison is with HBase, not with Hadoop.
Look here
http://horicky.blogspot.com/2010/10/bigtable-model-with-cassandra-and-hbase.html

And in which use cases we go for any them.

Thanks & Regards
Yogesh Kumar

--

Marcos Luis Ortíz Valmaseda