hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: Misconfiguration of hdfs-site.xml
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 20:53:04 GMT
> Updating the config and restarting will result in data loss.

Ok. If that's the case, then I can still re-configure the servers one
by one manually and restart them. And moving to the next server only
when the replication is completed.

> dfs.data.dir presently is /home/hadoop/haddop_drive/${user.name}/dfs/data
> dfs.name.dir presently is /home/hadoop/haddop_drive/${user.name}/dfs/name

Ok. That sound like what I was expecting. I don't really want to move
the data/name directories. My goal is just to fix the lack of
configuration.

I will try to update with the properties above on one of the servers
and restart it. And if it's working fine, I will apply that on all the
others.

Thanks,

JM