hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: what are the core jars needed to compile a job in Hadoop 2.0.2 Alpha
Date Sat, 15 Dec 2012 18:26:00 GMT
If you are compiling in the old-world way (javac!) it would be simpler
to use the whole classpath, given the modularity of jars, such as:

$ javac -cp `hadoop classpath` -d wordcount_classes WordCount.java

Where the command `hadoop classpath` in the shell automatically
expands and provides a usable classpath.

If you want a better approach, I highly recommend using Apache Maven
or similar tools with the hadoop-client dependency added instead.

--
Harsh J