hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Map Shuffle Bytes
Date Wed, 26 Dec 2012 11:50:57 GMT
This isn't called 'shuffle' (but rather a plain remote read) so your
original question was confusing, thanks for clarifying!

In that case, you could count the bytes coming in from the required
record reader - for example a TextRecordReader uses a Long key that
denotes current offset in file, which you could use as a simple,
progressing counter of bytes read thus far.

--
Harsh J