hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: M/R, Strange behavior with multiple Gzip files
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2012 17:33:09 GMT
Your problem isn't clear in your description - can you please
rephrase/redefine in terms of what you are expecting vs. what you are
observing.

Also note that Gzip files are not splittable by nature of their codec
algorithm, and hence a TextInputFormat over plain/regular Gzip files
would end up spawning and/or processing one whole Gzip file via one
mapper, instead of multiple mappers per file.

--
Harsh J