hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "M. C. Srivas" <mcsri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tell Hadoop to store pairs of files at the same location(s) on HDFS
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2012 21:51:02 GMT
MapR does this already .. and well beyond just 2 files.  One can arrange
things so that a boatload of files have all their replicas also placed on
the same set of nodes, ie,  files A ... Z will have replica1 on node1,
replica2 on node2, replica3 on node3. etc.  (nodes 1. 2 and 3 are picked by
the system based on utilization and node-fullness).