hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Mark Kerzner <mark.kerz...@shmsoft.com>
Subject Re: What should I do with a 48-node cluster
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2012 02:07:32 GMT
I had two servers at home, that's like a small airplane.

However, I have seen silent servers in a lab I am working in.

My price on that rack might be close to $0.

Then I could host a rack for $500/month. And if a machine breaks, I will
throw it away. So that makes for $ maintenance cost.

You see, I am still toying with the idea.

Thank you for everyone's answers.

Mark